Ecup 2016 aftermath
The European Cup 2016 in Mechelen was great:
We thank all athletes (and their entourage) for turning this edition again into a successful one and we appreciate your trust in our organization!
The weather conditions for the races were exceptionally good, the entire program was completed, and due to almost 300 participants the atmosphere was great so we can speak of a very nice weekend once again.
We hope that every skater found satisfaction in what he has achieved during this weekend. A special mention to Brittany Bowe, who set a new track record in Mechelen on the 300m TT. Her 26,044 was close to the official world record of 25,993.
We want to thank:
· The volunteers from Red Cross for their medical surveillance.
· The Police from the city of Mechelen, who surveyed over the safety of our event.
· SAM Mechelen for their cooperation and help.
· The fire brigade of Mechelen for their quick response, when intervention was needed.
· The time keeping team from Zwaantjes Roller Club Zandvoorde.
· Uwe Zeidler and his team for the Livestream and technical assistance.
· The team of national and international referees under supervision of Eric Devos.
· Our sponsors for their financial support.
· And last but not least the many volunteers from Fratelli Team Mechelen.
All results can be found here:
On schaatsen.nl (dutch):
We hope to see you all again next year!
De wijzigingen aan het programma voor zondag :
Changes to the program on Sunday:
Voor live beelden van de Europacup kan u terecht op :
For live footage of the Eurocup go to :
Latest update program
De junioren A dames rijden rechtstreeks finale voor de 500m op zondag.
In de puntenkoers rijden de Junioren A en B dames samen 4000m.
De Heren Junioren A en Senioren rijden ook samen puntenkoers.
Programma zie onder:
No heats for Junior A Ladies 500m. Only the final.
Junior A and B ladies will be racing together 4000m points.
Junior A and Senior men will be racing together 5000m points.